Mandatory Sparkler COMMITMENTS
- Members must maintain a 2.0 grade point average each quarter. Any member who does not keep a 2.0 grade point average will be put on probation and will be ineligible to perform until grades have been brought up.
- Be prepared to work hard and long - even when you are hot and tired
- Be attentive and focused during all classes, practices, and performances. Sparklers will dress out in class attire each day they attend. If a dancer has an unexcused missing practice, they will not be guaranteed to perform for the upcoming game.
- Respect yourself, your team mates, the dance director, the team officers, the chaperones, and the school authorities. You are a highly visible representative of Lake Brantley High School. Show your Patriot Pride. This is not "me" time - this is "team" time.
- All Sparklers must attend dance camp and band camp, which are held in late July/early August. Once your student has made the team, if your family has already made vacation plans during these weeks you will need to contact Ms. Mote via email. If you miss either camp you will be automatically be an alternate.
- Alternates: Some girls may be cast as alternates. WE NEED ALTERNATES. They are an important part of this program. Alternates are needed sometimes due to illness, injury, discipline, or grades. They are sometimes commonly referred to as the second string in comparison with sports, like football, etc. Please be assured EVERYONE gets to dance throughout the program at one time or another.
- If you are a current member of the Sparklers; your account must have a ZERO balance before you are allowed to try out for the next school year, and be in good standing with the Sparklers contract.
- The LBHS Sparklers consists of the JV, Varsity, and Starlets - but we are one team; collectively the "Sparklers". We work hard in class, hard in practice, and hard in our performances. We respect each other, help each other, and conduct ourselves with professionalism. We are proud of our school and represent it with Patriot Pride at all events and performances.